Dr. Laar has expertise in several areas including Research Methods, Evaluations, and Policy Analysis; in Bioethics, Public Health, Public Health Nutrition, Food Systems, and Food Environments. He avails his expertise to clients in government, academia, not-for-profit, and some private sector actors. He has served as a Consultant to United Nations Agencies (WFP, FAO, UNAIDS), National Governments (Ghana, Sierra Leone), and several non-governmental /international organizations (Global Fund/France Expertise Internationale, Africa Synergy Group Plus, THET, London, UK, DKT International Inc/ Grameen Foundation, Population Council, Ghana Medical and Dental Council, & Akademia2063).
Below is a non-exhaustive list of such services.
- Food Systems Expert: Co-Curator and Facilitator: Ghana’s National Food Systems Dialogues: Client: National Development Planning Commission, Ghana
- Food Systems Expert: Facilitated implementation of Rockefeller Foundation’s Food Systems Transformative Integrated Policy (FS-TIP). Client: Akademiya2063
- Ethics Expert: Development of ethical and legal guidance for Ghanaian Public Health Physicians responding to Public Health Emergencies of International Concern (PHEIC). Client: Ghana Medical and Dental Council
- Food Systems Expert: Development of a background paper, and facilitation of a workshop to pilot–test the Global Panel’s Food Systems Policy Tool in Ghana. The tool is designed to facilitate the use of food systems lens to support policymaking on healthy diets in Ghana. Client: The Global Panel on Agriculture and Food Systems for Nutrition, London, UK
- Nutrition Expert: Implementation of a national assessment of ‘Food Security and Vulnerability of HIV-Affected Households in Ghana’. Clients: Ghana AIDS Commission & United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), Accra, Ghana
- National Expert: Development of a Concept Paper prioritizing Ghana’s HIV prevention actions within the context of the 2020 targets. Client: UNAIDS Ghana Country Office, Accra, Ghana
- HIV Expert. Development of USD 78million Ghana’s joint HIV/TB Global Fund Grant for the period 2018-2020. Client: Global Fund/ France Expertise Internationale
- Nutrition Expert: Development of Nutrition and Social Protection Issues Paper for Ghana. Client: National Development Planning Commission, Accra, Ghana.